RockDrum my first iphone app !

..


Rockdrum is the first application
that
truly converts your iphone into a virtual Rock Drum.

Hi i am launching my first iphone application, i will post more about the development very soon.

The idea of rockdrum comes in a launch time with my friends Jens and Xavier from organika.

We was chatting about the use of accelerometers to create a VFX realtime 3d tracking solution. I told them about the use of the xsens sensors http://www.xsens.com/ that are one of the most high accurate IMUS available. I told them that i saw a youtube video showing the use of an accelerometer like a virtual drum, and then the idea comes around.

I bought some great books at amazon>

Beginning iPhone Development and
Learn Objective C on the mac

After 5 weeks i finished rockdrum. I spend a lot of time creating a very friendly algorithm to efficiently trigger the sounds. I was looking for a kinf of drumstick shaking feeling and in some point i finally got it.

One of the most tricky sides of programming with IMUS is the digitial signal filtering, i spend a bunch of hours learning the most posible about how is the electrical response in the sensor, turned into useful data. i found this great spanish website for all the physics stuff:
Add Video
http://www.sc.ehu.es/sbweb/fisica/curso.htm

Another great resource for iphone development is iphonedevsdk:

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/

Well, take a look at :

www.vfxwarrior.com

If you purchase it send me feedback at vfxwarrior@gmail.com

? We Rock: Drum King - Wii ,XBOX, GUITARHERO,ROCKBAND, WII